Superbowl Stadium Cake & Football Brownies
Are you ready for some football?! While I’m not a die hard football fan, I do love to host parties and entertain friends. Having a Superbowl party is a must, so I’m getting some practice in now.
Tonight I made the dessert for our Superbowl party this Sunday. Well, this isn’t the cake I’ll be serving – but I will be recreating it. It’ a stadium cake with football shaped brownies – double score!
This was super simple to put together, but when I do it Saturday night I’ll be paying more attention to the lines on the stadium and the football brownies. The coconut added a nice texture to the “field” to give it more of an AstroTurf look.
Sadly I don’t have the steady hands to pipe the numbers on the lines, I may have to get John to do that. I lightly adapted the Hershey’s Cake recipe to make the cake.
I did the same with the Hershey’s brownie recipe and baked those in a silicone Mini Football mold from Wilton. Gosh, I love Wilton – they think of everything! The mold’s are only $8.00 on Amazon, and if you order them now with Prime you’ll get them in time for your Superbowl party!
I used the chocolate cake recipe here, and topped it with Cool Whip Frosting (vanilla) dyed green. I then dyed some coconut (about 2 cups) green and topped the frosting with that.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick ) butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together butter, sugar and vanilla in bowl. Add eggs; beat well with spoon. Stir together cocoa, flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter/sugar mixture, beating at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Fill molds to half full.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely in molds and turn out onto a clean surface.