Cheesecake is one of those foods that is so simple to make yet puts a smile on your face with every bite. This Oreo Cheesecake is no different. I got the inspiration for this recipe while grocery shopping. I look at everything in the grocery store as a recipe and as soon as I saw Oreo’s sitting on the shelf the first thing that popped in my head was cheesecake. Naturally!
Whipping up the Oreo Cheesecake was so easy and yes I did snack on a few cookies during the process – don’t judge me! I did have to keep reassuring myself the destruction of the Oreo’s was for a good cause – my belly! By the way, smashing Oreo cookies into itty bitty crumbs is surprisingly therapeutic. Sure you can use a food processor but I prefer my handy dandy meat tenderizer.
Since this was my first time making an Oreo Cheesecake I decided to play it safe and Google it. I found a recipe here and decided to play off of that. It was hard to wait an entire day to try the finished product, but let me tell ya – it was well worth it! You’ll never look at Oreo’s the same after tasting the Oreo Cheesecake. I know I’m crushing Oreo’s and freezing the crumbs from here on out!
Okay, okay – I’ll shut up and give you the recipe 🙂
- 22Oreo cookiescrushed into crumbs
- 12ouncescream cheeseroom temperature
- 1/2cupgranulated sugar
- 3eggsroom temperature
- 1/3cupGreek Yogurt
- 1teaspoonsvanilla extract
- 15Oreo cookieschopped - not crushed
- Preheat oven to 325°F;
- Combine the melted butter and Oreo Cookie crumbs in a large bowl. I use a spatula to mix mine. Press into the bottom of a 9" Springform pan.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, prepare the cheesecake filling. Use the paddle attachment with your stand mixer to whip the cream cheese on medium speed.
- Add the sugar and mix to thoroughly combine.
- Add the eggs one at a time, continuing to mix, then add the yogurt and vanilla.
- Turn the speed up one notch and allow to mix for 2 more minutes. Carefully pour in the chopped Oreo's and pour the batter in the baked crust. Make sure the filling is even and bake for 40 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool at room temp for 2 hours then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.