When I was in middle school the lunch ladies used to whip up these amazing cookies. I never knew what they were or what was in them but they were absolutely delicious. I started to think about them a few weeks ago when I heard one of the lunch ladies had passed away. The more I thought about them the more I wanted to taste them again. Then I found a recipe similar to what I was looking for on EzraPoundCake.com. This is the result.
The beauty of these no bake chocolate cookies is that they’re done, from start to finish, in 30 minuttes or less (most of that is waiting!) They’re perfect for those out of the blue chocolate cravings. They’ll also work for a last minute dessert when you have guests!
No Bake Chocolate Cookies #Recipe
- 1 stick butter
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 squares unsweetened bakers chocolate
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- Melt the butter in the top of a double boiler. Stir in the sugar and add the chocolate.
- Once the chocolate begins to melt slowly stir in the milk.
- Cook for 4 - 5 minutes or until everything is melted together.
- Turn off the heat and remove the top pan from the double boiler. Stir in the peanut butter, keep stirring until it's a creamy mixture.
- Add the vanilla extract and the oats. Stir until the chocolate mixture is coating the oats.
- Drop tablespoons of the mixture onto sheets of wax paper. You'll get about 2 dozen tablespoon sized cookies or a little less with bigger drops.
- Let the cookies cool and set for 5 - 10 minutes if possible.