Shrimp Scampi – Elegant 30 Minute Meal
Shrimp Scampi Recipe
I can’t stress enough how much I love an easy and quick dinner. When I can throw something together within 30 minutes and have it seem like something incredibly elegant, well, that’s a total bonus. Shrimp Scampi fits the bill perfectly for both cases. It’s so easy and quick to prepare and is something found on many menus everywhere.
The most time consuming part of making Shrimp Scampi is peeling and deveining the shrimp. If you buy frozen shrimp, you can skip this process by buying the already peeled and deveined. That’s what I did for this Shrimp Scampi. Well, they were deveined but not peeled yet.
- 1 1/2 - 2 pounds shrimp peeled & deveined
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 box linguine
- Follow the directions on the box of linguine. Heat the water while you prepare the shrimp scampi.
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Saute the garlic for 1 minute, stirring constantly to prevent burning.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and brown on 1 side (approximately 3 minutes) and turn.
- Carefully add the white wine and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper
- Cover the skillet until the shrimp are cooked/pink (about 3 minutes) Remove the shrimp to a bowl and turn the heat to medium high. Scrape the bottom of the skillet to get any brown bits up. Cook for an additional 7 minutes.
- Drain the linguine and toss it with the shrimp and sauce. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley.