S’mores Pie Parfait
Being sick is my least favorite thing – ever. If I had to choose between being sick and going to the dentist every day for the rest of my life I’d have to go with the dentist. I’ve been sick more than half of the year and now that I’m finally shaking this nasty cold my tastebuds are back to functional. I wouldn’t wish not being able to taste on anyone. Well, unless you’re stuck with nasty food and then maybe.
I wanted my first treat to be something special; something to make these past 3 weeks not be in vain. You’d think the first thing I thought of was chocolate because, well, I’m human – but no. What I thought of first was so much more than just chocolate; I wanted S’mores. During the past 3 weeks I’ve been whining like a kid so it’s only fitting that I’d want a childhood favorite to comfort me. Well, that’s my logic at least.
Realizing that I’m not actually a child (except at heart) I decided to make something with a little more grown up feel. I went with a S’mores Pie at first and while it was simple to make and tasted great, it was missing something. I opened the fridge to get some inspiration or answers to what was missing and it was staring me in the face. Yogurt. Greek yogurt to be exact. And from there it was all downhill. I went with a S’mores Parfait and it was just what the doctor called for.
Of course you can stick with the S’mores Pie if you’d like, but the yogurt adds something great.
S'mores Pie Parfait
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 stick butter melted
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate pudding
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate softened in the microwave
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 jumbo marshmallows or 1 1/2 cup regular marshmallows
- 2 cups greek yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Pat into the bottom and sides of a pie dish.
- MIx together the pudding, softened chocolate, eggs and vanilla in a bowl and spread into the pie dish over the graham cracker crust.
- Top with the marshmallows and bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow to come to room temperature and dump into a large bowl.
- Add a tablespoon of the yogurt to the bottom of your serving dishes.Take turns layering the crumbled pie and yogurt to fill the dishes.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours and serve.