30 minutes for a complete meal – start to finish – may seem like a pipe dream to some of you. Let me assure you it’s possible and yummy! My normal beef stroganoff takes much longer to prepare, but I was running short on time tonight so I whipped this up Easy Beef Stroganoff and it received rave reviews.
This Easy Beef Stroganoff will easily feed a family of 6 leaving more for tomorrows lunch or dinner. The key to making it taste amazing is in the seasoning. Smoked paprika is in the lead for champion, followed closely by the no-no ingredient – a packet of brown gravy mix. I know, I know – packaged gravy is evil. But there are some times when it comes in handy; like tonight.
I like to keep 1 or 2 packets of brown gravy mix on hand just in case my homemade gravy doesn’t turn out or I don’t have the means to make a homemade gravy. The last part is especially true for lean meats – not much drippings to lend to flavoring gravy.
So here’s my recipe for an Easy Beef Stroganoff that is ready in under 30 minutes. No thanks necessary 🙂
- 1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 10 ounce can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 8 ounce container sour cream
- 1 packet brown gravy mix
- 1 can peas, drained
- 1 package egg noodles, cooked
- Brown the ground meat in a large pan with the garlic and onion, drain well.
- Stir in the cream of mushroom soup, seasonings and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Carefully stir in sour cream and then the gravy packet. Add the can of peas. Simmer for 10 minutes over low heat.
- Put the egg noodles on top of the beef stroganoff and dump into a large serving dish. Toss gently to combine and serve.