Easy Mexican Pork Chops – Dinner Made Simple
Since being sick took so much out of me I haven’t really had the energy to make intricate meals. I’ve been trying to stick with easy food and these Easy Mexican Pork Chops were a life saver tonight. A few simple ingredients (whole kernel corn, tomato sauce and seasonings) mixed together with pork chops then served over steamed rice made for a complete meal.
The beauty of this meal is you can clean up or relax a little while the Mexican Pork Chops are cooking. The flavor is out of this world; my son told me “There’s a fiesta in my mouth!” and the addition of corn adds a pleasantly light sweetness to make it a full meal. I used Allen’s whole kernel corn which is amazing. There were no leftover hulls of corn like some other corn leaves behind which is a huge bonus. The corn has a great flavor – sweet but not overly and a wonderful texture.
I have other Allen’s and Trappey’s products in my pantry that I have big plans for. I’ll be using the black beans for my next Taco Casserole. These are definitely brands you want to check out and stock your pantry with. So, let’s find out how to make some easy Mexican Pork Chops, shall we?
- 6 boneless pork chops
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1½ cup tomato sauce
- 1 15.5 oz. can whole kernel corn
- Lay the pork chops on the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Combine the seasonings with the tomato sauce and pour over the pork chops.
- Cover the casserole dish with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Carefully remove the dish from the oven and stir in the can of corn. Return to the oven, uncovered and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
I received products from Allen’s at no cost. All opinions are my own